Saturday, December 4, 2010

Warning:Beautiful Art and lots of Pictures (B.E.D.D. Day 4)

Today was uneventful.I woke up, worked on Christmas presents, discussed track with my parents, went to the gym and did homework.What was eventful was that artsy-fartsy event I told you about yesterday.


We picked up Blue Seal and headed downtown.I've never been there that much, so it was basically new territory.I printed out a map and list of events, and we highlighted the ones we wanted to go to.We found some free parking, walked a little and then went to this vintage store I've wanted to go to for over a year now.It was love at first sight.They had these homemade or old clothing, accessories, shoes....It was beautiful.
A Dino on a plaid dress:)

Really pretty jewelry tree.
Then we saw these beauties.


These hats are so cool!

Blue Seal bought one of them and I asked "Who's that for?"She gave me a weird look and said nothing. So I picked up a hat and bought it.Ha, take that!: D
A local college had a presentation of interior design students' work.I definitely got some ideas for my future house:)
I love the carpet and half-record.

Spray paint tires, so awesome.(These were all focused on being environmentally aware.)

Most pretty, delicate bike ever.

I like the empty picture frame, waiting to be filled.

Must do that with my shelves!Maybe a bird stencil?

Nice chair, a bit afraid to sit in it though...


A door table, amazing!

Books I now want to read.

Favorite out of all things there!:)

We went to many art galleries and photography studios. 

Blue Seal making a Christmas card.
I loved the simplicity of this photography studio, so open and beautiful...
On the way to the next gallery, we discovered a hopscotch drawing! 



I love this horse!So cute and odd!

I love this painting.It's title was "Untitled".

Coolest chairs EVER.

Katie really liked this one.


Ha ha : )

Another empty frame to be filled!

I found more horses!:D
The inside of the chair, fantastic!
 I liked these ones, they made me think.

"Blue Seal?"
"Yeah?"
"We should act like silly teen girls and take pictures via mirror."
"Um...okay?"
 Then we went to a hot glass studio.It was sweet.

 Here they are putting stripes on the vase(Sorry for the camera shake!)
Figures this one guy made with an open flame.Beautiful.

I love panorama-ing:)


We then went to a library/coffee shop.
So artsy.
 Another vintage shop and art gallery.


I want those frames!

:)


 The downstairs of this gallery had such a cool wall!
This is a neat photo!Super neat!

Another reason I need a door...

They made the old chimney a display area.I'm amazed.

"You already possess everything necessary to become great"
Really like this:)

This was cool, especially since I just watched Evan Almighty.:)
$18,000, yikes!
Super duper long post, congrats if you made it through it all!:)I really like this, and I talked to a few photographers and I'm really inspired to get better at it.:)Maybe get my own studio downtown?But who knows?God does.Who knows where he'll take me...=)
What art type stuff are you interested in? What's your passion?Do you want it to be your career?Talk with me in the comments!I love hearing from you.(:




2 comments:

  1. SO ARTSY.
    <3 you.
    I love all of these pictures, I wanted to go to artwalk soooo bad!
    We are like the same person...not that i've told you that before or anything. But anyways, I have this like perfect idea of a family group for choir tour and it involves me & you! And other people! I hope it works out...but then again I really have no say in the family groups :)
    K I'll stop ranting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Ashley:)Next time you should go, I really loved it:)I hope that happens too:)It's totally fine, rant away, I love reading comments:D

    ReplyDelete