Thursday, December 2, 2010

Track & Field (B.E.D.D. Day 2)

So, track off season started on Tuesday.I'm questioning weather I should continue with track or not.
Back story:I've been sprinting/hurdling and taking part on relays since 7th grade. My extended family are big track people and came to my meets whenever they could.I was one of the key athletes on the team in middle school.Then I came to high school.
When I started track as a freshman, I only went to two off seasons then practice started.I soon realized I was the slowest of the sprinters.I still was a regular on the 4x100 relay.At the end of season banquet, my coach said I was hard-working.Even so, what do I really get out of track?
LIST TIME!!!:D
In Favor of Track
  1. I get tan 2 months earlier than the rest of everyone else(Naturally, spending 2.5 hours after school running in the sun...)
  2.  I get in shape.
  3. Out of school for meets
  4. I like to run relays, their my favorite.
  5. It'll look great on a college application
  6. I'd not be spending as much time with my track buddies, plus I'd disappoint them and my family.:(
Nay on Track
    1. I spend at least 12 hours a week for after school practice(Not even counting meets....those I don't get home till' 10:30!)
    2. My grades suffer, I can't participate in clubs and my Internet obsession suffers:(
    3. I could be spending my time developing my photography skills.
    4. I can tan and work on my abs my own way.
    5. I could get a job to help out my parents financially and my Nikon D5000 fund.
    6. It costs my parents money and time to pick me up from practice and going to meets and such.
    7.  I'm not a brilliant runner, and I don't want to run in college.
    So the nays over weigh the yays.Let me divulge into the last three days.Tuesday; first day of off-season:It was awful.We ran a lot and I almost threw up.I am very out of shape but still...it never hurt that bad.My legs and rear end have been sore since.Today wasn't near as bad.I was the only girl (maybe lots saw how hard it was the first day and didn't want to do it again?) and we did some running, ab work, and dot drills(feet agility). Very awesome, and much easier than before.

    So, what do you think I should I do? I've asked a lot of people and got mixed answers.I have until February 28th to decide. Honestly I could talk to my coach and explain about the $$$ and ask for exercises for me to do at home to prepare for next year.Hey, maybe things will change by then.I know you guys are very smart people and I value your thoughts.

    I didn't have time to take pictures today so here's two I did take.:)
     
    I
     My mom got me some old school Harry Potter books:)
    On the way to school, My dad's been denying me driving rights:(

    Funny story bout' today: I was riding my wheelie office chair down the hall to get some ice for my legs, and my mom said "That's moronic" "No it's not, and if it is, then I'm proud of it!"Reference to this. People who follow Callie and Dave's lives are lovingly know as "moore-ons"I am one of them:)
    Hope you are all doing well,


    2 comments:

    1. It's hard for me to say about track - do you like doing it?

      ReplyDelete
    2. I do like track.But I feel like I could do other things with all the time it takes up.

      ReplyDelete