Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas Eve to you!(=(B.E.D.D. Day 23)

Happy Christmas Eve!The plans to drive up to my grandparent's today fell through because of weather.Which means a green Christmas this year.But it will be a lot easier on my family, seeing as it's hard to travel with my brother.(He has mild autism, and has been more difficult lately.)Plus my dad has been feeling under the weather, so we won't bring anything for them to catch.He has stopped hiccuping, but still not feeling well.

What is strange about this Christmas is that I'm not eagerly awaiting Christmas morning, like I usually have ever since I was little. I know what one of my gifts is, a purse from Target.(I went with my dad to buy it with the promise of acting surprised:)I know I will literally get just a few things along with the purse and that's it.

Money is so tight, so tight that I've decided to not do track and try to get a job.(Plus I've had this growing interest to take my diet and fitness into my own hands.Abs, your coming back!:D) My dad has been out of work for about two years now, and I need to step up and help him and mom out.It is the least and most I can do to help them, with anything.

Anyways, I have never been as excited to see my friends and family open their gifts my whole 16 Christmases.I am here, typing on my blog on a cold, non-snowy Christmas eve.Many of you are probably hanging out with your family.Oh, how I wish I could do that.My family is so not like others.There's no Hallmark moments.Not with my bro reacting badly to random things. His hearing is so sensitive that anything can set him up, a whisper, a car alarm, and currently, my dad's voice.It just breaks my heart and I honestly can't do much but stay out of the way.

Well, this is turning out to be a depressing Christmas post, my bad.:) I am hopeful for the future, especially my brother's. My church is starting more opportunities for special education kids like him to reach out.I just need to get my parents convinced that it will be okay.Me and some people at church are praying for my family.I know there will be a day when we can all go to church together.I know they need the support of God and my other family/church family.

Soo...we made cookies today:)I also wrapped some presents for mis padres(my parents)

I made some hot coco to start off my day.


My favorite mug:)

Ignoring the unmade bed...

Pretty clean eh?

My brother made some ornaments:)

I think it says "My Days of Christmas"


Our Nativity Scene

Poor Joseph, must be limping:(

Santa Claus!

Our little skiers

Presents, wrapped.I am not good at it though, haha:)

Chocolate chips

We're making cookies to go in there.(My dad's obsessed with Charlie Brown Christmas, we also have a little wimpy Christmas tree, just like the one in the movie.)
Yay, ingredients!:D

The cookies turned out all right, a tad burnt, but whatever.I'm sure Santa won't mind;) 
I plan on spending the rest of today in the living room, reading, maybe a game of UNO?
If you don't know the Christmas story or want a refresher to feel the great joy of Jesus, check it out! And follow Huge Love if you like Tiffany posts. I love it, she is such a lovely person and is always there for you if you need a prayer.I hope you are all well and having a lovely Christmas eve with your family.And if your not with your fam, then in a weird way, I'm not either, so I'm right there with you, drinking eggnog and forcing you to open a(a.k.a. all) presents early.:D Much love,
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. im sorry for all you're struggling with - but you have such a bright spirit that is absolutely beautiful through it all :)

    i know that can be hard, my dad was out of work for a year & a half... so i know what that's like. its no fun. but keep trusting in God & be willing to follow Him wherever He leads - He'll take care of your family!

    you'll all be in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all right Morgan.Thank you, this book I just finished perfectly illistrates what you just said.Emma's Gift, by Leisha Kelly.You remind me of Emma.:)

    Thank you, I really apreciate you praying for us.(:

    ReplyDelete