Sunday, August 29, 2010

Great Teachers, Bike Acidents,

Hello my lovely readers! :)
There are 7 of you now and I am so pleased that you took time out of your day to read this. I know I am not the best writer (far from it actually..) but I am in Journalism 1 and English 2 H this school year. Hopefully I can post some writings from those classes and my writing skills will improve the more I type on this blog, and write in school.


Oh yeah, school started last Tuesday for me. I am a sophomore this year. I can't believe how much older I feel with freshmen around. I see the short boys and girls; walking around either gabbing away with friends, or looking around fearfully at all the people they don't know. Man I remember my freshman days... I am so thankful that I found great friends that year.:) I don't have many classes with my very good friends, but their is an acquaintance or two in each class so I will survive. :)


I'm so surprised at how lucky I got with teachers this year. Let's just say the last 3 years of school... I've had teachers that just... give me the hebejebes. That is the best way I can say it. But this year, I've got a great group! My journalism teacher is hilarious, but I think the class itself will be one of the hardest classes for me. I am not used to writing news. I'm used to attempting to be witty, sarcastic and funny in my writings (which is basically this blog). You can't exactly put sarcasm or opinions in news articles; that'd be disastrous. Being un-biased is key. I am taking this class so I can take photographs for my school's paper and yearbook; so it'll be tough but I will pull through.


My English teacher is funny too, just on a more crazy level. She likes to play disco-inferno music while we play Find-Someone-Who. This will be a fun class:) For one of my papers, I've written about how Youtube is my main form of entertainment.. I wonder what she'll think when I used the word "vlogger" (To her she might not think it's a word...) I don't have photography until next semester but I do have my future photography teacher as my study hall type teacher. She's very nice and let's us talk.:)


In other non-school related news, I fell off my bike, again...
I tried turning because my brakes failed and the turn was too sharp, so I hit the ground. I'm okay but I think I need a bike with proper brakes. I went to see Despicable Me with three of my friends last night. That film was just as funny as the first time I saw it, I totally recommend it. Then we went for some gelato downtown. Then we headed to a park and ran around, skipped, and rolled down hills. Very fun :) 


*Four hours later*


I just got back from church, and it was fun.We cleaned up the youth room, played volleyball, ate pizza, and played games to get to know new people to the youth group. Have I mentioned how much I love them?Then I DROVE, that's right, DROVE home.In the dark. I did well though my dad gave me 8/10.:)


School tommorow, must get to sleep.Ta ta!


Rebecca(:

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment