Sunday, December 30, 2012

Road Trip Tips and This Next Year

1.Have something delicious to eat, like a M&M milkshake.
2.Be prepared to sleep, you might wake up to something beautiful.
SNOW!!!

3.Have a snuggie; it can double up as a pillow if needed.
4. Listen to funky beats in funky headphones.


Here are some tunes I found road-trippy.:)



5. Wear something comfy and cute if desired. I wore my C9 yoga pants, my big red cardigan from the thrift store, Candies combat boots, and my thrifted Beatles Shirt. I felt like Kandee Johnson, which was prawesome.:)

6.Make wishes at 11:11!


During the many hours on the road, I started on my New Year's Resolutions. I know bloggers such as Carlotta and Elliewho have had a certain word of their year.  I cannot narrow it down to one word, so I chose 6.:)

Let Love in, give it away.

 I have trouble trusting people and letting them into my heart sometimes, so I want to be bold in accepting people and loving on them. I also take these words and will apply them spiritually, delving into Christ and the Bible, and other Christian books, to let God into my life even more and to tell those in my world, giving the message of God's great, unconditional love and forgiveness in my actions,words, and every little thing I do.

My resolutions seem very achievable, seeing as there is something I can do about each one every single day. But as usual, discouragement happens and I know I will fail sometimes. And that's okay. I just want to keep going with all these.Because I know they are all good, not just for me, but for other people too.:) I have started reading Beth Moore's book Jesus, The One and Only and it is fantastic! Thank you Natalie for suggesting it on her 2013 Reads, I am loving it!

I am not sure what to put for my 5th one, but I'm thinking flossing.;D

 If you are having trouble, this might help you out. It is very fun and was very fun to do last New Years.:)

I hope you liked the tips for road trips, I know some of you will still be traveling throughout the remainder of Christmas Break, you lucky ducks!:D I also hope you have a very happy new year, wherever you are, whoever you're with, and Happy 2013.Yay, we've survived at least 5 different ends of the world.;)

13 comments:

  1. Great tips and great resolutions! I'm still coming up with mine.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa, I wish you luck with whatever resolutions you make!:)

      Delete
  2. I love your resolutions! I too have trouble letting people see the real me, and I am working to break down those barriers as well. I want to always show God's love because He's given me so much and I want others to know it for themselves as well.

    I encourage you in your quest! Your resolutions are noble ones and I hope you can do each and every one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. THANK YOU for all of your lovely comments on my blog :) You are one of my consistent commenters and I love seeing your words :)

    Have a great New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to open up, but only to reveal a person strengthened not by who I am, but who Christ has made me to be.I encourage you in your quest (I love that word, quest; it's so fun to say..quest quest QUEST!)to spread God's love! Aww, not a problem, I love reading your words on your blog and in the comments on my posts, they make me happy!:)

      Delete
  4. I loved this post!!
    I'm going on a road trip to Georgia this week, so that's like...14 hours each way. And we're going there one day and coming back the next. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! It was a little different than what I usually do, t'was fun! Wow, that is a long time! I hope you are safe and have a fabulous quest against boredom on the trip.And thanks for always leaving such sweet encouraging comments, your awesome.:)

      Delete
  5. I love road trips! They are just so much fun! And what a great idea working on your new year's resolutions while on the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Amanda!Thank you! I was listening to those songs, reflecting on life and they just came to mind.:)

      Delete
  6. I just got back from a road trip of sorts... the only downside is now I've got some kind of virus after that trip =P But your tips are right on! Glad you're liking the book! I haven't read it yet but it's sitting in my bookcase to be read this spring... and since you love it so much, I now have higher expectations for it (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well!:(I will pray for you to feel better.It is so good, it's making me look at Jesus and the story of his birth in such a radical and awe-inspiring way.Hehe, your expectations will be met, I'm sure.:)

      Delete
  7. I love road trips and Ben folds. ;) Adorable outfit! Yay for resolutions! I like the idea of one worded resolutions, but I can never narrow it down either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ben Folds is brilliant!D'aww, thank you so much!Same here, it helps if I feel discouraged to have a main word (or a few) to keep me going.=)

      Delete