Friday, December 7, 2012

The Liebster Award.

I have been nominated for this award by Meredith. You really must visit her and you will be mesmerized by her adorableness and honest words.Seriously.:)

So basically, I will tell you 11 random facts, answer Mere's 11 questions, give 11 questions and nominate 11 stud muffins. Sound good?Awesomesauce!

Eleven things you may not be aware of
1.I believe that Black Friday is stupid, especially after a day of being thankful for what we have, we feel inclined to go buy more...
2.My camera fell off my desk a few months ago and was out of service for a while until I got it fixed.
3.I like to listen to The Lion King soundtrack when I do yoga. It makes me feel like a strong, powerful, lion.
4.I have three letters to write.
5.I have kept all my journals from 2nd grade all the way to now. I wrote a LOT.
6.I have recently mastered the art of making macaroni and cheese and I am quite proud of that accomplishment.
7.I have lived in the same house all my life.
8. I cannot fall asleep with socks on, no matter how cold it is and how much I want to.
9.I woke up with "Angels We Have Heard On High" in my head on Black Friday morning.Go figure.
10.I am awful at accepting compliments and it drives my friends crazy.
11.I am a horrid drawer, but I still enjoy it occasionally.

Meredith's Qs
1. do you collect anything? if so, what?
I hoard collect many things. Those Dumdum wrappers you can mail in for a prize(I have over 100 I think), books I will never find time to read, and name tags from Youth that say "Rebeccer!"
 
2. what song describes your life right now?

I have four. =)
Merry Happy by Kate Nash 
"Dancing at discos,Eating cheese on toast
Yeah you make me merry, make me very very happy
But you obviously, you didn't want to stick around
So I learnt from you"

This song is so sassy and easy to sing along to.I love it, and I certainly have learned from someone, and I am so thankful that I did.

God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
"I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
I'll make you so sure about it
God only knows what I'd be without you"
The Beach Boys are equivalent to my childhood.They are the same. I hope to have a love like this someday.

I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons
 "Now I'll be bold 
 As well as strong  
And use my head alongside my heart  
So tame my flesh  
And fix my eyes  
A tethered mind freed from the lies"
This song makes me feel like there is hope of finding love someday.Until that day, I will wait, and fall more in love with God while I'm waiting.:)

Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia
"You shoot me down, but I won't fall
  I am titanium. 

You shoot me down, but I won't fall  
I am titanium."
 This is a rather popular one, but the message of it is strength. I have learned a lot about myself in the last two months and I am ready to be strong now.=)

3. what is your favorite season?
I am a sucker for fall and spring. I love changing my wardrobe around to fit the weather and there are great times of transition going on.:) But I also love the blessed extremities of summer and winter. All the above.
 
4. favorite starbucks drink?

Every time I go, I get Strawberries n' Creme Frappe. I tried the famous Pumpkin Spice with a friend once, but I didn't really like it. Not a big coffee person.
 
5. what is your favorite part of your room?

My favorite part of my room is my bed. It has four blankets, lace I wrapped around it, soft lights near my head for reading, and lots of my favorite pictures surrounding me. It is so cozy and I love reading books, doing devotions, and doing anything there.:)

Oh, also the phrases I've put up on my walls make me happy. 

 
6. is there anything in your life you are unsatisfied with? how could you change that?

Yes, I am unsatisfied with my ability to make things extremely awkward and ruining stuff when I make careless decisions. Like, things will be going great and I let one thing get in my way or say something stupid, and I ruin it. I can be more careful with my words and think more of other people and how I impact them. Basically, I should rarely speak until I get better at it.:)

7. what do you believe in?

 I believe that there is a God greater than all my problems, that Jesus Christ my savior is greater than my worst thoughts, actions, and mistakes, and a spirit that is always living inside me to guide and comfort me.

8. what was your favorite fairytale as a child?
 
 The Little Mermaid, hands down. I always loved swimming growing up and became very agile at swimming with my feet together, pretending I was a mermaid.

9. do you have any obsessions?
 

1.My shows (Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, LOST, Grey's Anatomy...)
2.Christmas Cake
3.Organizing my Pinterest boards mercilessly
Source: tumblr.com via Rebecca on Pinterest




 
10. describe to us your dream date.

As long as it's with someone who really likes me, that is all I dream (and hope for) date-wise. I also think it's really adorable if he gets nervous about holding your hand. :)

11. share some good reads with us (can be blogs, books, poems, whatever.)             
this adorable story about Sarah's grandparents and their love story.(+picture and love letter, *squeals at cuteness*)
Have motivation problems? Me too, big time. The lovely ladies at Fernweh give their tips on getting out of the endless pit of procrastination. Finals are coming up yo, they are coming up.
Below Stairs If you love Downton Abbey, you will love this, because Downton is almost entirely based on real events in this memoir. I originally read it for my AP history paper, but I kept reading even after I turned it in. So quirky and clever!

My Questions For You
1.What was your favorite memory from when you were a kid?
2.What is something you want to do in 2013?
3. What is your guilty pleasure music? (T~Swift, hands down.)
4. Have you ever tried doing something you saw on Pinterest? How did it go?
5. Who is your best friend(s) and why do you love them? (cuz' i know you do, your just that wonderful.):)
6. Tell about a time in your life where you have felt completely relaxed, at peace, and ecstatically happy?  
7.What do you believe? (stole Mere's question, but it's a really good question)
8. Describe your must-haves in a man
9. Favorite internet meme, go!=D
10. Where would you go to first if you lived in Harry Potter land
11.What would you get a tattoo of or what color would you dye your hair? (if you did)       

My 11 Nominees
1.Sarah. Your blog always makes me laugh and you are kinda my homegirl.
2.Lacey. I enjoy your posts a lot, because they are always insightful and I can relate.:)
3.Lydia. Your photographs and words give me chills in the most wonderful way.
4.Victoria. Your blog is intriguing; everything from your travels to your daily life.
5. Ashley. Hey soul sister, your letters and face make me happy.:)
6.Morgan. I adore your heart for God and your blog is a great vessel that speaks to my heart, you are such a sweetheart.
7.Natalie. Your a fantastic woman of God and inspire me to put Him first.I learn a lot from you.
8.Ashley. You are an amazing photographer and the way you write about Jesus stirs up my heart.:)
9.Kinga. You are a friend and it's been awesome watching you grow as you read, write, photograph, and dream.:)
10.Meg. You have amazing style and your craftiness and quirky thoughts make me smile.
11.Carlotta. You have serious talent, girl. I love it.:)

This was written over the course of a week. Busy week.:) Thanks for nominating me Meredith!I can't wait to see the nominee's responses! I hope and pray that you all are having a blast with your friends and family. I love yo' faces and have a great, relaxing weekend.

20 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks Rebecca! And thank you for all of your sweet comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you rock! Since starting blogging in September I have secretly been wanting to get one of these ;) I am flattered!

    Check back with my blog soon for my answers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am so happy you got what you wanted!;D Yay, I can't wait!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh don't even get me started on Downton Abbey. Matt says it Downtown and every time I disown him. Thanks so much for nominating me Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have to disown and re-own(?) my friends every time as well.:)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me girl! You are a jewel.:)

      Delete
  5. Oh Grey's Anatomy! I stopped watching after they killed up Izzie and George, but I wish I kept watching! I miss McDreamy! ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my friend has been kindly loaning me the seasons on DVD.I love it!He's awesome, but Karev if my favorite.;)

      Delete
  6. I sleep without socks too, most of the time. I lived in the same house til I was 19. You should post some of your old journal entries on here!!!!

    I really liked this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it.:) I will dig them out=D

      Delete
  7. Thanks for awarding me Rebecca! But since this is the... 7th (?) time I been passed this award, how about I answer a few of your questions here instead?

    My guilty pleasures are hot baths, favorite dishes of mine I love to make... and then eat all of, naps, lounging around the house in my yoga pants and doing nothing of importance, painting my nails, and going out to dinner with friends.

    I've tried a few recipes on Pinterest, and so fare my success has been good =)

    If I had a tattoo I'd get the word hebrew word "hesed" (in the original language of course... probably near my ankle.

    Must-haves in a man: Loves Jesus, Loves Me, and we "Mesh" well together... and he loves to eat as much as I do ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, cool with me.:)Hot baths and nail polishing are on my list too.Thanks for answering the questions Natalie!

      Delete
  8. what a fun post! i love these! and girl, we def have the same taste in tv shows. love Downton Abeey and LOST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they are two of my most favorite shows! Most I've ever wept was over Downton or LOST, I forget which, hehe.:)

      Delete
  9. thanks for the award sweetheart!! :))
    this was entertaining.
    i'll get to these eventually, once i finish all my finals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that was another Morgan! I saw your sister already nominated you, but you are fantastic and such a loving and hilarious person who definitely is a nominee in my eyes.:)Good luck with finals dear!

      Delete