Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Two years ago, this all began. {TIME CAPSULE}

 When I started this blog, I wrote in my first post that I was a fifteen year old girl, who lived in America, but whose heart longed for London. I am unsure of where I want to live, but I still want to go there someday. 

This quote is still extremely true: "That traveling has been mainly with my youth group, who are my best friends in the world;I love them so much.( :"

My dream was to be a photographer,mainly nature/candid. I have come to the point that I take pictures of everything I see that is interesting, so.... everything.I dreamed of a Nikon D5000 and I have purchased not only a greater Nikon than expected but a waterproof point and shoot also. I have also gained a summer job at my church working with children of all ages. I am so blessed to have it.

Some things haven't changed though. My brother still has autism and has evolved to be worse than I thought it could be. My family is facing economic hardships and this summer, I am the only one working. My love for my family, no mattter how dificult and dysfunctional we are, remains the same. 

I was a freshman turning sophomore. I just finished a tough year of transition and change in myelf. I am now a junior turning senior, starting a year of hopefully discovery and joy. Honestly, if you are an underclassman, you have no idea how fast high school will fly by. It may seem monotone and awful, but enjoy the time you have with your friends. Those times at school dances, play practices and simple "hanging out" are the things that make me smile the most.

Because time goes by so fast, I want to start a new tradition. Every blog-aversary, I will tell some simple facts and share some pictures that will be incredible to look back on a year from now.


 .I am currently listening to "Regina Spektor Radio" on Pandora. The song is "Never Let Me Go" by Florence + The Machine.

The Day
.Today I woke up at 6:41 a.m.
.I did my devotion with the book from camp and read Acts 14:19-22. On my reading through the whole Bible, I am on Numbers 22.
.I went to work and taught my 1st grade class the stories about the Last Supper, the Betrayal of Jesus, and the Crucifixion.
.One of my kids said this:  "There's billions and billions of hope out there!" =')
.I picked up noodles with my toes and put them on a pipe cleaner for a Fear Factor challenge with Ali. We got two in one minute!
.I watched some episodes of LOST on Netflix.
.I have 4 holds waiting for me at the library and I am waiting for 22 items. Most are 1st seasons of many TV shows I aspire to watch someday.
.I am getting next week off work and am brainstorming what colors to paint my room.I am thinking white then one accent wall.
  
The Pictures
.My room looks like this:


.My nails look like this:

.My face looks like this with glasses:

.My face looks like this without glasses:

.I have a tatoo of Ariel and a blue/yellow dragon on my left wrist.(one from camp, one from a machine last Sunday)

.I have four bracelets on my right hand. (Two from camp, two from Choir Tour) 


.5'3 3/4. That is how tall I am, as of today.
Two years ago, I was 5'1.


Currently, I don't know what I am doing college/ career wise. I am praying for God to reveal to me what He desires that I do. I know I want to talk and laugh with people and be surrounded by color in the future, always. 

I want to thank you guys for reading. Seriously. This blog has been so fun and I plan on talking with you guys until I upgrade to Heaven's version of blogging.=) Thank you, weather you have been here from the beginning or just yesterday. Thank you for sweetly commenting and genuinely caring. I promise to try and give you what you have given me, which is a big bowl full of warm fuzzies and laughs and words and other super sappy, sweet stuff. Like ramen. I wish I could give everyone ramen noodles. Yum......soooo thank you basicaly.=D


So, what got you into blogging? And what do you think I should  paint my walls?

 

10 comments:

  1. Happy blogoversary!
    It's kind of weird... I'm the same age now as you were then, and I also really want to move to England.
    And I love your room!
    I think this kind of post for a blogoversary is a really cool idea, too, and I'm excited to see next year's post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post :) Funny, I was listening to Regina Spektor while I was reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are adorable & such a sweetheart - i wish we were friends in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OooO! Loving the purple nails! And happy blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinga-0 Woah, that is weird!Thank you, it is a mess but a work in progress, haha.:)
    Meredith-I adore Regina Spektor, he music is so special to me.:)
    Morgan-Aww, thanks Morgan! I wish we were too!
    Ashley-=)
    Natalie-Thank you Natalie!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Happy blog-birthday! This is a super cool idea. I recently went back to past archives - it's a really neat way to see how you've changes and grown over the years! This is a fantastic post, and I'm sure it will be fun to see how you've changed in a year's time!!!

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are so awesome & beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so awesome and you are toooo adorable! haha.
    what got me into blogging? my english class freshman year. I used to have a blog called live laugh spin. then god told me to change it.
    London is so beautiful.
    we went there to perform in a parade.
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lexy-Thank you!It is so cool to look back at old posts, wow I was a dork(cough, still am..):)
    Just Me-Aww, thanks!=) Where did your blog go?:(
    Morgan-Thank you Morgan!That's cool!I wish I could go there. You have a great day too!=D

    ReplyDelete