Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Great Reveal of a Beautiful Space

We will begin our tour at behind my door, haha! There is a mirror and a door full of fashion inspiration. There is also and adorable light switch cover. Evidence that I am really and little old lady in a 17 year-old body, check.
This is my little corner to get ready for my day. I am super cool and I do color-code my clothes.



Here's my desk and bookshelf(also color coded) That picture is a photo of me and my dad painting the hallway when I was itty bitty.


There is my bed, Build-A-Bear included. On the tray is a Poariod I took in 5th grade and some color swatches. My room is painted the top white on and I plan on painting my shelves the mint green on the far right. And there is one of my walls.

That was a photographic tour of my newly painted, vacuumed, and clean room.That was probably insanely boring, but I am proud of 3 days of painting all by myself. 4 days if you include cleaning... =P

After I concluded this project today, I rewarded myself with a carrot cupcake. I hate carrots, but not with cake and icing, ha ha!


This week has been my week off of work and I have been loving it! It has been many late nights wathing tv shows (Spongebob, Grey's Anatomy, 90210, LOST) and early mornings painting. Yes, I wath a wide varity of television...

This was my uniform for painting, an already painted Choir tour shirt and an already painted pair of running shorts. Oh so fancy...


Painting my room was a blast, yet more physically exhausting than I imagined, seeing as I did it all myself. I felt very grown up and this seems like a rite of passage into my senior year, just because I'm in that deep, inquisitive mood.:)

I will hopefully be getting my senior pictures done next week and I'm already thinking of outfits and photo ideas.My friend Ashley will be taking them and she is amazingly talented.:) I am starting to get excited for my last year of high school. I love my schedule and my main goal will be to truly be passionate about everything. Not just in school work, even though that's important, but also reaching out and growing friendships and being a servant leader like Jesus. I feel more ready to take on the world with this new coat of paint. All shiny white and new; it's inspiring.:)

Tuesday I went on an adventure with my friend Bethany. We rode our bikes from my middle school to a park and had a little picnic. We rode back and covered about 8 miles! We treated ourselves to Oreos afterwards, of course.=) Pictures from that will be in the next post!

I have a great joy to share, my dad got a job!! He will be selling golf stuff and traveling. He loves traveling and I am so happy that he will enjoy it. Also, fellow blogger joy is that Lauren's baby girl's heart is healthy now! This week is full of answered prayer and I am so thankful for God for loving and caring so much. 

Today I went to the library and got Jane by Design (is it good?), some albums (Sufjan Stevens, MGMT, Regina Spektor, and Amy Winehouse, I know, I'm a varied person in all areas), and two books, Ostrich Eye and Smile for the Camera. I hardly read anymore and I am excited to get back into it.

Thank you for all your sweet comments on my last post. You are golden.:)

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your room! And your bed is amazing.
    And I'm so happy for your dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Your room looks AMAZING! I love it all! And that's so awesome that your dad got a job! Also, those albums sound great. I can definitely burn you some others if you ever want that! See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm! cupcakes! =D one does need a reward after painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hailey- I look forward to watching it!:)
    Kinga- Thank you, I'm glad you like it. And thanks, he's very happy too!(=
    Ashley-Thanks!They are great, Sufjan makes especially nice yoga tunes.:D
    Natalie-Yes, it was quite delicious and very much needed!=D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WahooO! Thanks for posting -- I love seeing pictures of people's rooms. I think they have so much insight into a person! :)

    And good luck with next year! I think that's a great goal. Passion is totally what makes you feel happy to be alive, and you inspire people through passion and yeah! Wahoooo!

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Lexy, I love seeing people's rooms too.Thank youbso much, it is going to be a great year!:)

      Delete