Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer so far.

Finding answers in the Bible is amazing. (2 Corinthians 4)
I went over this really big bridge for the irst time in a long time, such a cool view.


Nothing like enjoying italian ice on a summer afternoon.



The first thing I see when I wake up.
Doing yoga. It's a love/hate relationship. Love because I love it. Hate because it take motivation to get started.

My brother is 10 years old!:)

I had fun with the little details of his party.He loves Legos.

I went on a nature walk with my family on Father's Day. I love this place.
Yes, I probably wore this shirt 10 years ago and still wear it to this day.

Hello! Long time, no blog. I apologize. I've been working and I got Netflix, so I've been distracted. My brother turned 10 last week. It is so weird, because I can remember the day he was born. 10 years ago. I was 7 and while Mom and Dad went to the hospital, they dropped me off at my best friend's house and we went to the mall. We shopped all morning and I got a pair of baby blue GAP socks. Around noon in the food court, my friend's mom got a call and gave me the phone. My mom told me I had a little brother. I said "Great, I got him some socks."

These ten years haven't been the best, with Stephen's autism changing our lives completely, but I'm so glad it did. I am a new person because of him. I am a lot nicer, patient, and have a bigger heart for children.

I've hung out with a few friends and I am very excited to leave for church camp this morning! I will see many old friends but I am more excited for a break from the computer. It really takes over me, especially with my free trial of Netflix. I finished LOST on there (brilliant, you must watch it sometime) and started to watch other TV shows. It sucks so much of my time, so not having a laptop at my disposal will really help me put God first.

Yesterday my pastor gave a great sermon on God's playbook (or the Bible) He has been reading the Bible before breakfast for around 35 years, which is incredible to me; food is always the first thing on my mind. This morning I got out my yoga mat, did my yoga routine and got into the Word before breakfast.

 I am slowly packing up for camp and I would appreciate prayers that the Holy Spirit will just be alive in all the hearts present. Prayer really makes a difference.:) One of my friends is on the worship team and here is one of the new songs we will be singing: 
 

For the first time, I am more excited to worship God rather than see my camp friends, and I think that is very good.:)
I am beyond excited, and I will be back on Saturday. Hopefully I can tell you about my week with God soon after. I will be journaling again this year, so I will bring back some rich details about this beatuful place I will go to for the last time as a camper. I will also be bringing my little waterproof camera, so be prepared.;)

Praying for you and all your summer adventures! Hope you are well!

p.s. I will be catching up on all your posts when I get home!

8 comments:

  1. i love the way your photos capture life. my faves are 4, 5, and 8. i also have a love/hate relationship with yoga, though i've been too lazy to do it for months now.
    I hope you have a wonderful time at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an amazing time! Yoga does sound really great. I keep meaning to get into it, but like you said, motivation, eugh...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great song :)
    have an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos! the cake looks delicious! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Luigi's! I keep that stocked up in my fridge during these hot summer months =) Have an great time on your trip to camp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely pictures :)
    & my prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kinga-Thank you! I had no motivation and it stunk today because my kids and I played Twister first thing!Ouch!
    Just Me-I encourage you to try it sometime!:)
    Hannah- Yeah, it is one of my favorites and we sang it all the time at camp.:)
    Alina-Thank you so much! And it really was!:D
    Natalie-They are so delicious, haha!Thanks, it was fantastic.
    Meredith-Thank you so much!<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi rebecca! really cute blog. great pictures and a great will reagan song!! hope you're having a great day! :D

    ReplyDelete