Saturday, February 26, 2011

books, I have a job, and I will attempt consistent!!!

Hello friends!

Today was quite a productive Saturday. I put up clothes, gathered dirty laundry and put it in the hamper, stuffed clutter under the bed, and made a corner of my room super spiffy.:) It is now a nice, artsy, reading nook. Woah, I just remembered I have forgotten to update you on what I've been reading!

Books Read:4
My Thirteenth Winter
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
The Hunger Games series (by Suzanne Collins) is an intense, numbing, incredible futuristic story. It is fantastic, but can be a bit graphic.
My advice is to buy them or borrow them from a friend.But, make a book cover for it, because some people like to spoil parts of it, and even tell you false information about what will happen; which both angers and annoys me with the passion of a thousand suns.
I am currently reading 3 books right now.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (J.K. Rowling)
Paper Towns (John Green)
&
Lord of the Flies (William Golding)

Sorcerer's Stone is a re-read(10th time), and that causes me to read with not as much intensity as the first time.But still a vital part of the Harry Potter series, my favorite fictional series.
Paper Towns is new to me, but John Green's work is not.I read Looking For Alaska this past fall I believe and I believe I liked it more than Paper Towns, but I'm only about half-way trough.We'll see, but I am enjoying it nevertheless.:)
Lord of the Flies is something I have to read for English, but I can't stop reading!I need to find out what happens.I may be required to read this for class, but I've been interested in reading this since I heard Nathan(Corbin Bleu) mention it on Flight 29 Down.

I have been reading very sparingly to the play last weekend/ rehearsals.:(

OH.MY.GOSH.GUESS.WHAT?

I got a JOB!!!!!!=D
No, I'm still not 16 yet....(March 13th, it's coming up!!!;)
No, I haven't started....
And NO it isn't fast food or retail.

I'm going to pet sit!!!I don't know if I told you, but I've been pet siting  for several years for my neighbors and friends. But my main source of income came from my old next door neighbors. They had an old golden poodle mix named Maverick[who died:(] but got Bandit (adorable black and white dog) and Scamp(carmel and white puppy) soon after Maverick passed away. I pet sat these three dogs for about 5 years, I grew very attached. They moved away last spring.:( 
Bandit(or Bandito as I fondly called him)
:)

And little Scamp, his adopted little brother.

I'm afraid I don't have a digital picture of Maverick, but I will look around for one of him.

Anyways, they moved far far away, so my occasional 10 bucks every few months was gone.It was never about the money for me though, I missed my lovely neighbors and my dogs, that in my mind were partially mine.

My old neighbors(Fred & Jan) who watched me grow up need me to pet sit several cats and their dog for a month (April).
I will have to let the dog out for about 30 minutes, feed all of them, clean up the dog's souvenirs of delicious dog food, clean the litter box, give one of the kitty's eye medicine, and of course give them all attention.  

This will happen twice a day, morning and evening.I will have to get up around 5 in the morning in able to get to my neighbor's new home, take care of things, give the doggie his 30 minutes outside..... Then drive back home and get ready for school.

By the time Fred and Jan leave to visit family for a couple weeks, I will be 16 and hopefully have my license.This job requires so much dedication, but I'm up for it! And I know my dad will help me out if there is something going on and I need him to take care of the pets.

And the pay, (I feel like a greedy person saying this..) is fantastic. I can complete my goal for my beloved Nikon D3100 and have much left over that I will probably put in my savings.

I told my youth director about this opportunity and she said her neighbors are always needing pet sitters, and asked me to make a flyer with my info on it to give to them.That got me to thinking, if I can't land a flexible summer job, I could just start my own pet sitting business.I love animals, I've had pet siting experience since I was 7, have my licence by summer for sure. Eh!?Good idea?

Did you have any small job or allowance when you were little(or my age)? I never had allowance, or got paid for chores, but my parents gave me money if I needed it for school or really wanted something.;)

Wow, I think that's enough of my rambling for tonight.

oh, and lastly.....

365 Shot for today, Day 57!!!
Blossoms=Yay!
Spring=not here yet....:(

I have a odd driving story to share, tomorrow maybe?

Man, I've missed talking with you guys.If you've read this far, you are a trouper, M*A*S*H worthy.:)
Much love and good night/morning/afternoon!=)


10 comments:

  1. I had to read Lord of the Flies for English too, and I really loved it as well. I don't think many people really enjoyed it, but even my sister (couple of years younger) read it & really liked it.

    Woohoo on the job! Well done, that's great! I got £10 a month from my parents, then £20 when I turned 16, then it stopped when I was 18. When I was 13 I got a paper round, and I've been babysitting since I was 12, then when I was 16 I got a job as a receptionist. At the moment at uni (19) I also do some casual work helping out with events at church.

    Happy Sunday! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I love this post for many reasons!
    1. I also have some adivice on the "some people who like to ruin the Hunger games. Michelle tried to tell me who died in it and so I plugged my ears and screamed until she left :) It worked pretty good.
    2. The fact that you mentioned Flight 29 Down (Love. That. Show!!!)
    and 3. The super cute pictures of puppies!!!!!! (I <3 Puppies!!!) And I love the name Scamp for a puppy ever since I saw Lady and the Tramp 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today, and I love this post!
    I read Lord of the Flies in 10th grade (about four years ago) in English, and I remember hating parts of it. Haha!
    AHHHHH! I want to read John Green's books! I haven't read any of them yet, but I'm excited to start. Hopefully soon!
    I keep hearing about the Hunger Games series and think it might be kind of interesting...

    My parents gave us an allowance of not even $5 when we were younger... Provided we helped with dishes and cleaned our rooms! When I got a job (when I was 16 or 17), they decided to stop giving me an allowance. And then they started giving me $20 a month (ten every other week; as well as another $20 every third month, which is technically supposed to pay my phone bill) because I'm now going to college (living at home until this fall) and they feel like I need a little something. Which is kind of nice.
    I started off babysitting, and still do sometimes, but mostly my job (at a local drug store) is my income. I also do work study through the college, but that doesn't bring in very much, since I only work about 2 hours a week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Me-Yeah, I'm almost done.I'm reading ahead of how much we were supposed to read to for class, haha!:)I always wanted to ride my bike around and throw papers at doorsteps, it looks like a fun job!:)

    Hailey-Great advice!:DYes, they are quite adorable, aren't they.:)

    Respectivating-Thank you, glad you like it!Wonderful to meet you!!(=Yes some parts kind of stink, but in all books there's something that never settles with the reader I think.

    I highly recomend the Hunger Games and John Green's work!(Might want to read THG first, before you could hear someone spoil it;)

    That is very cool of your parents to do that for you.:)What's work study?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, paper rounds aren't like that here. The papers have to go through the letterboxes, and mine were given to me in a trolley on wheels, so I walked the route.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hailey, I gave you false info! I told you everyone died, lol. What a horrible end that would be.
    Rebecca, I've been thinking of doing something similar over the summer, complete with house care (like plants and stuff) and pets, but I have no idea on how to get the word out! Oh, and I usually get about $10 a week that I probably don't deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Me-Sounds like fun to me.:)
    Mish-Same problem here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not too bad, quite nice thinking time (although I was 13 - I would appreciate the thinking time a lot more now!!!)

    For any of wanting to do the stuff like housesitting, petsitting, babysitting, try printing your details out & putting them through people's doors. I did that to get into babysitting with a friend when I was 12, we only did it for people we knew who had kids the right age, but if you're looking to house-sit I guess it could be less specific (but stick with people you know!). Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the advice, I will work on some flyers!:)

    ReplyDelete