Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yellow, I'm still 15.

Yellow amigos(Translation:Hello friends)

It's so funny how my last post was about being consistent with, well, EVERYTHING.That post was February 28th I believe?

There are countless things happening. Lots to say.I'm in Journalism and finished my 2nd draft so I have time.

1.Lent/God. I met with one of my accountability partners Tuesday. I wished the other one could've come, but she had to babysit. As you may or may not know, yesterday was Ash Wednesday. I went to my church before school and did a devotion on Lent.Then I wrote down all that I'm doing for Lent.I'm giving up time online to spend more time reading the Bible and writing in my journal.I'm also going to pray for my family everyday. I started a new study on Jesus that I found in the back of my bible.I really like it so far.:) I had a cross of ashes and water drawn on my forehead by my assistant youth pastor and I went to the alter and prayed and put the paper there.
   There were 27 people who either a.laughed at me, b.scoffed at me, or c.asked me about the cross on my forehead. I'm not saying that to make anyone feel bad for me.I'm glad people noticed. I think I made people aware of Jesus more trough that cross than any of my actions or words. I honestly hope I explained what lent and ash Wednesday were about. (By the way, I'm Methodist, not Catholic.I got that question a lot yesterday.:)
     Last night I went and saw The Grace Card with my youth group.It was a really good movie, and I cried a little. I highly recommend you see it, it was very powerful and made me think more about my own life and what grace and love really is.

2.SCHOOL. Oh my gosh. I have two tests this week, two next week, one Spanish essay/project due today, and one essay due next week.It is horrible, not to mention two huge projects for history and photography in April. The good thing is that the project for history is on Dorthea Lange, a fabulous photographer from the Depression.=) And the photography project is easy, just cutting out certain pictures from magazines and putting em' altogether.

3.Sweet 16.3 days till the partay, 4 till my actual birthday. 3 days till Hailey's birthday. Isn't it crazy how were were born just 1 day apart? We are having a joint 16th birthday party.I'm super excited, because a lot of our friend are coming.And we aren't getting presents.We are asking for donations to the NAA(National Autism Association). No specific amount, just how ever much the person can and wants to give. It was Hailey's idea.She is such a kind person.And we honestly don't need anything.Plus, who'd want to buy two present for one party?Gross, I wouldn't...
     I normally get some money from relatives for my birthday, which might pay for my baby.(No not a baby, a camera I call baby.:D)D3100, here I come.
     I will take the drivers test when I feel ready.Still need to sharpen my parking skills.;)

4.365. I'm taking, just they are on my camera still.Opps....

5.Job. I'm going to Jan & Fred's to meet the pets and see how to take care of them.I will pet sit them next weekend.Yay, more $$ towards my baby!(=

Bell is going to ring in three minutes, so I have to go. Adios!        

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your sharing the news about The Grace Card movie in your blog!

    Appreciate your support!
    http://www.thegracecardmovie.com
    http://www.facebook.com/thegracecard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fab birthday! And what a lovely idea asking for money for the charity instead - you guys are awesome! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome you're taking donations for NAA instead of birthday presents!

    Don't feel bad if you're bad at parking...I'm 22 and I still can't park. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rodney-No problemo:)
    Just Me-Thank you!
    Anonymously Me-Ha ha, thanks.=)
    Mish-I'm glad you and everyone else had fun!(:

    ReplyDelete