Thursday, November 25, 2010

Harry Potter was BRILLIANT.

OMTL.
Harry
Potter
was
amazing.


But before that, I had to spend a whole day in school, which was absolute torture.After school, me and Hailey met our driving friend Ashley around 3.We then went to the movie theatre.It was almost empty and not crowded.We were so surprised, seeing as Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows was premiering today... Ashley got a good spot.(Best Spot in the Lot): D We met our friend Nate there and we waited in the line for our theatre.The line was a string of film.Un problemo, Hailey didn't have the same theatre number as us.She waited in line with us and we tried to trade with people, but she was stuck with her ticket.


 We waited in the line for about two hours.During that two hours I got a witch/wizard hat painted on my left arm, and a scar on my right. I also entered a drawing for a free haircut, manicure,pedicure, tattoo removal, or piecing*. Then they told us to put our chairs back in the car;because we were going into the theatre soon. I started freaking out because we hadn't gotten a ticket for Hailey. We just decided to walk up to the ladies checking tickets and see what they'd do.She asked if she was with us and she let Hailey in our auditorium!I wanted to give her a hug.:)


We got the seats we wanted, right in the middle/front of the main seating area.The next 6 hours were even more treacherous and horrid than the whole school day had been!We got so bored and hungry.Thankfully my mom brought us pizza that we ate. We spent the time by reading [Hailey finished By Royal Command(One of my favorite books that I recommend you read]. I did my devotion and Bible reading, and read some of Deathly Hallows itself.:) We all entertained ourselves by asking each other random and sometimes deep questions, playing Truth or Dare, Mad Libs, & MASH.During a popcorn run, I went to the bathroom and saw my best friend from kindergarten.She had moved away and we kind of... fell away.She didn't recognize me. It's weired seeing her after so many years...


Then the movie.The previews were interesting(Ashley & I started a clap to a Gatorade commercial!**), but they started to turn pink and green and everyone freaked out!I was so afraid we'd have to watch the movie like that but they fixed it!Note:Someone yelled/roared "RUMBLEROAR!!!!" during the Voyage of the Dawn Treader commercial which made me so happy.:) A random guy ran around the theatre in excitement so I gave him a high-five. With his speeding hand hitting my stationary hand, that resulted in pain.


Then the movie started. I don't want to give away anything, but I loved this movie the best.They paid better attention to details, and I laughed and cried a LOT.I am a tad judgemental, seeing as some things I pictured in my head that didn't make the cut for the movie.I'm a little sad somethings weren't in the movie, but those can remain special to us readers. ;)


My mom didn' let me go to school the next day (I had a stomach ache from eating popcorn at 2:30 a.m.).She thought I meant throw up stomach ache, but I meant I'm-not-used-to-eating-so-late/early-stomach-ache.


I took some pictures to better share my experience of my first midnight movie premiere with ya':)


My friend Lindsay's manatee muffin at lunch:)


Ashley!


Hailey(and her amazing snuggie!)


They were selling butter beer, BUTTER BEER!!:D


Snape, Snape, Severus Snape.


Nate!!


I spy...RED VINES.:D

"Ok, what's your favorite way to say "red wines" in a German accent? RED VINES!!!!"



My scar and witch hat :)


Marin came to visit us during our six hours in the theatre.


Hailey reading her book.:)


Only caption appropriate; AHHHH!!!:D


My costume,minus my awesome black & red cape.It got too hot:(


That cup scared me, so I tried to scare it.


The necklace I bought, my favorite:)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! For those of you not in America, we're basically celebrating the Indians helping us out and thanking God for our survival in the New World. I ate a yummy meal with my parents and brother, and it snowed a little!:)
Sorry about the lack of posts, I have many pictures I want to show you guys!
Till next time.(:

*Tattoo removal unnecessary and no body piercings for me :D
**This is a significant event in my life, have you started a clap?It feels fantastic.I implore you to try to once in your lifetime :)

10 comments:

  1. Wait, so it only premiered last night for you? I saw it last night too, but it's been out here for almost a week now!

    Glad you loved the film too though! But I have to say.. America sounds wayyy more exciting than the UK! We just turned up, bought our tickets, went in, watched, and left. Absolutely nothing exciting happened that I remember. Just some random guy behind me kept saying "Ross" whenever it was quiet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention, this was the 19th (last Thursday night).
    Really?I see it as the opposite.You didn't go to the midnight premiere so, it was just like a regular movie.It'd be the same over here.Ross?!Very odd.:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh okay! Yeah maybe the premier night would have been a little more exciting! One guy actually ran out in ours when Dobby... ahem. I almost joined him. (the guy, not Dobby..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys seems to have had sooo much fun. Thanks for sharing the photos and come visit me too when you have time.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it was pretty fun:) No problem, I'd love to visit you!(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute. love it. also, what does OMTL mean?


    for our photoshoot, i just used a digital cannon. its not fancy whatsoever... the beautiful surroundings & leaves is just what made it look nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMTL=1 month to live; it was this thing my youth group did to change how we live as if we only had 1 month.
    Coolness, I'm in the market for a camera and have been saving for the past year.So I'm just checking all my options and asking peoples' opinions.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!!! How are you? Do you have msn or skype or aim? We need to talk more! Also you should help me add a flickr box to my page like you did. Love it! :) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sarah!I'm pretty good,thanks; & you? Yes we do, my skype is rebydarebel. Here's the link for the flickr badge: http://www.flickr.com/badge.gne :)

    ReplyDelete