Thursday, November 11, 2010

HARRY POTTER!!!

I.Am.So.PUMPED!!!! It is Thursday, friends, one week before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 comes out!: D


I love the movies, but the main reason for my love of Harry Potter is because of the books.Today I will be telling you guys the story of how I met J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter.


It all started when I was 8 or so. My mom had started to read the series and I wanted to too. I had been reading since before pre-school, so I was a bit above my grade's average reading level. I could understand most of the vocabulary, but I just couldn't get hooked into the story.I already knew what was going to happen, so I thought "Why read the books then?" I never got past chapter 1 of the Sorcerers Stone.


Then the Christmas of my 6th grade year (I was roughly about 11 years old), my cousins came and visited me. They are both a little bit younger than me. They kept on talking about how much they LOVED Harry Potter and how I need to read the books. So starting that winter break, I started reading the books.After that, I was hooked. I remember that by the time that the Goblet of Fire was playing on TV, I was reading it too and fought to read 50 pages before I saw what happened in the movie.I won that battle:)


I am now typing in Geometry. Quick side note: As our assignment we had to blog about MATH! I blog for fun so this was a super easy assignment!Want to see it? Here you go:


"Once upon a time there was a little pig who loved math.The END. Just kidding.:)  This blog is really about GEOMETRY.Hi I'm Rebecca, I like to take pictures and watch YouTube videos.No I'm not joking.Enough about me, I need to bring my grade up in this class after all. I like this class, there's some hilarious people in here.Also my teacher is really fun and awesome. I just had trouble memorizing the theorems and stuff so I got horrible test grades. I really get the stuff we are learning now though.You want to hear more of my random mumblings/photography, check out my real blog. Tata!"


Entertaining yes?(sarcasm sensor BEEP BEEP BEEP:)


Anyways, back to Harry....
Harry Potter is truly my favorite fiction book in the world. Thousands, possibly millions agree with me.Favorite book EVER is the Bible;) As far as the Twilight & Harry Potter comparison, I've  read both series and can honestly say "What comparison? Harry Potter wins!"


I find that so many things in life can relate to Harry Potter.The character connection is so strong between me and pretty much most of the characters in the series.If you ever read this J.K. Rowling, thank you.:)And if you haven't read them yet or just can't get into them, please keep trying, I implore you. You won't regret it.:)


Now, for some pictures:)
This is a panorama of my "Wall of Harry Potter"

No one there...

Apparition!Doesn't my foot look like rubber?Awkward, I blame Lockheart...


It's sideways so you can read the titles;)

I will be doing a HP movie marathon, PPP(Potter Puppet Pals), and AVPM(A Very Potter Musical) marathons for the next few days.My school is cooperating wonderfully:) I will be going to the midnight premiere next Thursday right after school with some of my friends from church.

Are you into Harry Potter?I'd love to hear your thoughts:) Thanks for reading & commenting!

8 comments:

  1. I cant wait either! Harry Potter is THE BEST! I could never really get into Harry Potter (mainly the 1st chapter in philosophers stone, and we all know how boring it is). But then about a year later, I tried again but skipped the first chapter then read it when I was into the books. Same with HP4 and 6 first chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When does it come out in Australia?Yeah, beginnings can be dull.:)I do think they were well written though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first few books a long time ago. But I'm not too into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you are lovely too rebecca!

    the rubber feet picture made me laugh.
    oh, so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Massive Harry Potter fan! I don't know when I'll get to see the film though.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymously Me-Do you like the movies?
    Morgan-Aww shucks..:)Yeah, I saw that picture and I freaked myself out a little bit..
    Just Me-I hope you get to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the movies but I've never really read the books. i think maybe I should read them, but first I'm going to see The new Harry Potter part 1 on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the movie, & I hope you read the books sometime:)

    ReplyDelete