Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cornmazes, Halloween, and Sissors For Hands (:

Hi friends. I really missed blogging. I've had so much homework/paper/projects/tests over the last 11 days that I haven't even had time to read the bogs I follow. I'm sorry, but school has to come first.


So, I will attempt to catch you up on what's been going on. On Saturday, I invited Blue Seal and a few friends to come to the haunted corn maze with me and my youth group.(For some of my foreign readers who may not know what a haunted corn maze is, it's a field of corn that has been partially cut down to create a maze. A haunted one is where people in scary masks hide among the corn stalks and scare you by growling or reeving up a chainsaw) I had never gone to a haunted corn maze. I LOVED it! First off, there was this 7 feet tall dark dementor looking thing walking around outside the maze. Me and some of my friends chased him around. I flashed my Toy Story flash light at him as I yelled "I'm not afraid of you!!!" I felt quite accomplished.:)


Now, the actual maze itself... the first scare we had was when a blue strobe light was flashing. So, naturally we started dancing.Then this guy with a scary dread lock mask jumped out with a chainsaw. I screamed along with everyone else(because I was scared...0_o), but I laughed afterward because we weren't chainsawed and nothing was going to happen to us.


We wandered through the maze.... One guy was telling us to keep walking, apparently some one had thrown up. Thrown up in fear... never heard of that one before.  I couldn't see where it was and them some stupid scarer jumped out at me. I yelled in anger, "HEY not COOL!I could've stepped in PUKE!!" I was quite angry at the time... We came to this one tent filled with blue light and smoke.Their was a quarry of people outside of it. After a minute or two of observation, we realized  that the way out of the maze was through the tent. We all linked arms and marched through. We couldn't see anything. It seemed to stretch on forever. Then we were out! No chainsaw was reved at us while in the tent.


We made it out and I was dancing in celebration until a worker said "Ready for part two of the maze?"We were in the second part of the maze, until we realized our youth group was going to re-gather soon. We went to the fire and made s'mores.We had time to sing one song before heading home on the bus. We got home very late, and after dropping 3 of my amiga's, it was midnight!After some 4th meal, we got home round' 12:30.


On Sunday I volunteered at my church's Halloween party. I had the privilege of being the "candid photographer":) It was very fun.Then I went with my friend to a Halloween party. The costumes were as follows: Kiki Strike(me), 80's workout girl, Bond with Mullet, an old man, Luigi, and Santa Claus. We ate pizza, trick or treated, and watched Edward Sissorhands.Every time I see that movie, I just want to cry for Edward. Johnny Depp is brilliant.:)

Also, huge news that may or may not be super-awesome-happy-dance-time for you; 16 days until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows come out in the U.S.!!!I reserved my tickets last week and I got them on Sunday. I'm going with a few church friends as soon as school is out. Midnight Premiere; oh yeah.: D

Wow, this post is extremely long... I am at school now so I can't include pictures from the last 11 days, but I will try to do a photo post later this week. I am very excited for Thanksgiving, Christmas and the whole joyful feeling it brings around :)

And thank you guys for bearing with me as I abandoned this blog for a while. I got my grade card yesterday, got a B- in Geometry!*woot-woot*Thanks again for reading and commenting, your words really make my day : )

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Harry Potter comes out soooooon!! I thought it wasn't til December! .. We seem to have the same release date as you, which seems unusual, but good, because it is a British film after all :P

    Well done on the B in Geometry! And sounds like you had a good couple of weeks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm super pumped! British film, you guys should see it first then:)

    Thank you, and yes, last few weeks have been amazing!:)How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thanks! Settling into uni.. a little stressed this week but mostly getting along fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you say: Johnny Depp is brilliant.

    i say: amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that we agree Morgan:)

    ReplyDelete