Monday, June 4, 2012

Choir Tour: The Recap [Part I]

Hello friends! I am back from Choir Tour! I actually got back yesterday. I am going to retrace my steps on this journey by going back through my journal.

Day 1: 
 We left Friday morning and we stopped for lunch at a rest stop park, where I killed multiple bugs with a banana. Many girls made bracelets for practically everyone on the bus and we later stopped at Arby's where I captured a bromance or two.


Day 2:
I awoke with a dream involving me teaching yoga to my youth group. Lauren and I had fun taking pictures and texting odd things to Mitch. We stopped by some pretty mountains as well. Isaac put 58 Popsicle sticks in Lauren's hair, which was fun. The war of popsicles officially began on the bus. We went to a local Mexican restaurant and two of the first years tangoed whilst waiting in line for the bathroom. Bromance Numero Three.


Day 3:
We have arrived at our home for the next few days. We walked to the church and we sang and tripled the congregation. Journal excerpt about the sermon: "The pastor talked about the Holy Spirit moving like a colorful wind. I hope the Spirit will touch everything I do and say this week and onward." 
My dream about the yoga class came partially true. I taught a few girls my yoga routine. We created a yoga pose called the "Mer!" pose. We went to the chapel that night and sang for the kids. They were all near our age (middle and high school) and we talked to them about thier lives. Some of the struggles and horid things they've gone through, I can never imagine... One girl I met, Kasey, was already was asking when we would have to leave and I gladly told her we had three more days. 

More coming in the next few days and I hope you are well!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good start on the trip! btw love the way you write, small detailed things which just make your writings much more fun: " I killed multiple bugs with a banana".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty fun for just driving and arriving. Thank you, it is those details that make the trip memorable.:)

      Delete