Friday, July 23, 2010

Home/Garage Sale

Hello friends.:)
Tis' to you I truly apologize.I have been home since Tuesday and I have had 3 days that I could have written a blog, but I didn't. Why, you might ask?I am a lazy bum.I'm being honest, no excuses; pure laziness stopped me from keeping up with this blog. I am not going to write about my vacation today, today I am writing about, well, today.:) I was very lazy until about lunchtime (which for me is around noon). Then I got out of my pjs and rode over to my friend's house.
We had made plans the previous day to go to a garage sale near our neighborhood. We filled up our water-bottles, packed our bags, and rode off to the garage sale. We had never gone to this area before but we had very little trouble finding the sale. The garage had fans going and and we were all sweaty from biking, so it was heaven. No garage sale I'd ever been to has had fans going on for the customers. It was a lovely thing, I will remember that for when I hold my own garage sales.:) Anyways, my friend and I hit the jackpot. I brought $20 and we spent less than $8, with our purchases combined! I am going to play the part of a fashion blogger and show you what I got. If you want you can scroll down past this.:)

My first purchase was this beautiful basic turquoise tank top. It is a hot summer and this is a color I don't have.
The Price:$0.25 :D (Normally $18.00)



My next thing I bought was this yellow scoop-neck top. I didn't have any scoop-neck shirts and I really love yellow, so... yeah!:)
The Price:$2.00 :/ (A little high, but it was worth it.)




Next we have a GORGEOUS cream V-neck sweater. I have been thinking ahead about my winter wardrobe and this could be a must-have piece for me, so versatile... plus I love the little whale in the top right corner.:)
The Price:$1.00 :D




The last clothing item I got was this amazing grey, 3-quarter length, off the shoulder, shirt. There are ragged kinds of ruffles around the neck and at the ends of the sleeves. I am not a bows and ruffles girl, but this is perfect for me. You can wear this as a swim-suit coverup in the summer, with a tank underneath for fall & spring, and with layers in the winter! I am so excited to mesh this with my regular wardrobe.:)
The Price: $1.25 :)

  

This steal right here made my day.:) I love this scent; it's very modern and has a hint of fruit but that's all my nose could pick up. Very strong, DO NOT OVERUSE!:) Plus, it's brand new, never ever used! And I never shop by brand, but I knew that Ed Hardy stuff is EXPENSIVE. When I got home, I looked up how much this would normally cost at the mall and it was $25!!!I'd never pay that much for this size of a lotion, no matter how amazingly fantastic it smells...
The Price:$0.50 :D :D :D I saved $24.50.
I also saved gas $$$ by not driving all the way to the mall and riding my bike for less than 1 mile. And that saved the Earth.:) And I got exercise.:) And I smell awesome.:D
I love being thrifty.:)
Much love,
  

2 comments:

  1. cute clothes!!! i love garage sales, the down side is when i see a lot of things i want and i REALLY want to buy them!! but can`t because i came for a specific item =( me and my mom go to garage sales and she gets things we don`t need!! haha.
    goodness, $25 REGULAR price for lotion?? it's like a steal where you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaheen-Thank you!:) Yeah, I completely understand your pain!:(My mum stops me from getting too much.I came with my friend and I just focused on getting basic items I would wear for school.
    And yeah I know right?It was so ridiculous how much I could've paid for it.It was an amazing steal.:) Thank you for commenting, it means so much to me.:)
    Hugs,
    Rebecca:)

    ReplyDelete