Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bikes & Graves

You probably didn't know this, but my good friend and I, we like to ride our bikes. Literally, everyday we ride around our neighborhood. We know our part of suburbia quite well, seeing as we've been at it for two months.We still each carry a map with us, in case we ever got separated or needed to use one of our handy-dandy shortcuts. Well, yesterday her mom suggested that we find 2 hidden bike trails that weren't on out map.  We looked and found one, but there was a private property sign. :( The other one said no trespassing.:(
We went to one of our favorite places after that to take a break.We went to a cemetery. Now you might be thinking "That's disrespectful Rebecca" or "Rebecca is an odd one, isn't she?" But let me explain. The people under the ground are dead. Why be scared of a dead body? It's okay be among the graves, they don't mind, their spirits aren't there to mind. No one usually voluntarily spends time in a graveyard, seeing as when living people are there, they are mourning. And that's perfectly understandable, I've been in a graveyard mourning the loss of a loved one before. But on a mission trip with my youth group we had devotions in a graveyard and talked about how we should be happy for our loved ones who have died and gone to heaven. Heaven is going to be so much better than Earth is and I love this planet;I can't wait to get to heaven, wait... well.. maybe I can, hahaha.:D 
So me and my friend went to the cemetery and we were taking pictures of birds, insects, graves,trees, the sky, ect. And she told me that I was right, that graveyards are very peaceful and now she knows that there's nothing to be afraid of. And I'm very glad about that.:) It isn't a huge cemetery, just about 20 graves or so, with a giant field surrounding it. I might post some of my favorite pictures I've taken there sometime. They will definitely be on my flickr.It is a truly beautiful place.:)
More posts coming soon,
     

No comments:

Post a Comment