Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's 2012.

Happy 2012! Oh, the times they are a changing.  I spent my New Year's Eve at Sydney's with her family, some of her family's friends, Jordan, and Matt. We drank sparkling grape juice out of plastic glasses. Haha, good times.... We spent quite some time on this new year's resolution generator. Some of them are hilarious:)

So, this was a odd day. I didn't take a picture. It was so nice, to not have that pressure. I will miss it a bit. Time will tell. 

Today I wrote out some goals for this year. I think goals sounds more attainable and better than resolutions. Some are repeats from last year, that I didn't do, like, at all. 

Numero Uno: I will do yoga every morning and something cardio-ish every afternoon/night. Now there will be times when I simply can't. But the way I feel after I go through these cards of poses, I feel so relaxed and just better. And I'm so taken with Zumba, I just found some cool videos from real classes on YouTube. Yay for free exercise! It's really fun and it makes me feel like I can dance (even though I can't. That's why I don't dance in front of my mirror.)

Numero Dos: I will avoid fast food at all costs, make conscious decisions of how much and what I eat and drink more water. I ate a doughnut at church today, but that's acceptable, it's a day of rest.;) 

Numero Tres:I will repaint my room (probably white) and my dresser (white with rainbow splatters) That is going to be fun.:)

Numero Cuatro: I will be more involved at home. I honestly spend little to no time with my brother, so I'm going to play with him more. I also will do dishes, keep my room cleaner, and respect my parents. They deserve more than just that, but this is what I'm starting with. 

Numero Cinco:I will read a devotion every morning and every night I will read my Bible and take notes. By notes, I mean summarizing what I read into more common terms and how it applies to how I need to live. I will also try to pray every day and through out my day. I have started a journal just for prayer requests (from me and other people) I say I'll pray for someone, but I always forget! Writing it down will help a lot.

Sooo... those are my resolutions goals. A bit shorter and more specific than last year's.

Do you like how I changed colors? Just trying to spice it up, hehe:)

So do you have any goals/resolutions? I hope you had a great year, and even if you didn't, it will get better. I'm praying for you all, and if you ever have anything you'd like prayer on, lemme know and I'll write it down.:) Oh and if you had a post about this past year or 2012 and I'm not following your blog, link to it, I'd love to read it.:)

p.s. Can you tell I'm missing Spanish class?

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I think these are really great goals & I hope you'll be able to keep them up where possible :)

    My 2011/12 stuff is all in my most recent post if you wanted to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and good luck with your goals as well! I read it and it was awesome! I'm happy you had such a great year.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do indeed like the colors. I hope you keep up with your goals! Also, I never knew that's how you spell cuatro. I always pictured it with a q. Quatro. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muchas gracias! Yeah I thought so too, until Spanish 1, haha.:D

    ReplyDelete