Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Break In Review

Hey guys, did you know that Google Reader is closing this summer. I KNOW. My creys, my creys....so follow on bloglovin maybe?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!

So, my spring break was kind-of eventful. Working with the kiddos was way more exhausting than I thought. Very fulfilling though, I love them.:) I was with school age (K-4th) and worked with Pre-K for two days.

One of the preschoolers looked just like the red headed boy from Spy Kids, Junie right? Except way adorable and in 4 year old form. I also had one of the kids I babysit in my class, which was cute cuz' he was a bit shy.:)

My birthday fell smack-dab in the middle of spring break and when I headed to work in the Jeep, I saw this...

Thanks Hailey, and good job getting past the obnoxious car alarm.;)


Hailey did it, I found out when I asked her at Sunday school and she said "I don't know what you're talking about..." with a smile creeping on her face. She also posted this video on my wall, which has been something I want every year for the rest of my life.;)



Then I walked into work and my awesome boss Jenna  gave me a hug when I walked in.:) After I clocked in, I walked in my classroom where one of my best friends was teaching our class for the morning. They all jumped out and yelled happy birthday, showering me with cards and hugs. I got so close to tears. They made it the best birthday ever.:')

These are now proudly displayed on my windowsill.


 Sydney even made me a card and it was so sweet and just reassured my heart that God put us together.I am so blessed to have these amazing friends. I used to think I'd never keep any of my friends for life,let alone through high school, but my confidence in having these friends all the way to eternity is growing each day.

One boy made me a lego card with a cake. I died.


I went home around 5:30, ate roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, and rolls and corn with my family. They gave me a diary with a sock in it, which I have been writing in every night since. The sock is still being used as a bookmark.;D The cake also looks just like Mr.Harry Potter's from the Sorcerer's Stone that Hagrid made him. I am so thankful my Mom and Dad care so much about the little details that I love that made this a special birthday.

Rebecca is an 18-year-old free house elf now!(I'm not a house elf by any means, thankfully.)

ASDFGHJKL


The next day I was abducted by Katie, Erin and Bethany right after getting home from a 10 hour day. They surprised me with a little party on Katie's patio with home-made pizza, "butterbeer"(rootbeer with butter beer labels) and cupcakes. We played chubby bunny, roasted marshmallows  played Super Mario, and had a mini fashion show with some clothes Katie received but didn't fit. They know me so well and totally caught me off guard!

On Friday I left work early to pack for a youth event held about 3ish hours away. I got on a bus with 12 of my youth group/favorite people and had a blast getting to know more people. It was a lot easier to hang out with 12 people than 50+.Singing, dancing, hugging, and laughing occurred  Mitch met us there because he was college visiting. The Holy Spirit really spoke to my heart in the slightest way, which made all the difference.  I have plenty of mentors like Paul had Barnabus. Many of my favorite bloggers mentor me, weather they know it or not!:) I have friends like Silas, equals and even one of the same sex which the speaker didn't recondite because feelings would inevitably develop, but that hasn't happened with me and Drew. We are bros and I love our friendship so much.:)

Our view from the top. It was so cool seeing everyone worship from here.
But I need and desire to be a mentor to others, like Paul was to Timothy. I want to be more outgoing and encouraging to people younger in their faith, and I am praying for god to make it clear who might need someone like me to help them grow closer to God. I am more committed to be bold and I find myself stopping words before they escape because I see how they are not kind. Like it says in James 3, "the tongue is a restless evil."
Cell phone lights.:)
We got back home around 12:30 at night. I slept for a few hours and woke up when we were home. Then I was super silly and slap happy. That was fun. Lauren was too and kept saying "It's tired!":D I was looking for my sleeping bag and Jordan asked "Is this it?" and I said "No that's my mat, there's a Matt *points to Matt the friend*, I WANT A SLEEPING BAG!"

Here's an image of that skipping I mentioned earlier.=) Matt, Mitch, Natalie, and yours truly.
Here's a bad picture from one of the concerts, but I like it because it seems homey and vintage and..... yeah.=)


Sleep deprivation, good stuff.;)
So that's what my spring break was! I hope yours was swell and if you don't have it yet, keep carrying on until you do! You can do it!!!!!:D

I love yo' face, so does God, and I will see you when I see you!:)

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome spring break! :) Oh my gosh. That cake is AMAZING. So stealing that idea for my sister's birthday next year! Why have I never thought of that?! Argggg! haha. Glad you had a great birthday and week! :) I feel the same way about being more like Paul. I LOVE PAUL. I am doing a Bible study on him and I have learned so so much. Hope the rest of your week is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was way better than I expected!:) Steal away, my childhood is now complete and over due to that cake, sad face.:( I want to learn Paul after my Jesus study. Thank you Jessica!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! How old are you now? 17?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh jk, I just watched your blog. You're 18. Getting old!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, very old.:D Thank you so much Anonymously Me!:)

      Delete
  4. Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay a birthday in the middle of spring break!

    and a diary with a sock in it!?!?!
    wow that's funny!

    you truly are blessed! I am so glad you had such a great birthday!
    such a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a lot better than I thought it would be, I still got to see some friends.:)

      Haha, yeah, I still use the sock as a bookmark. I am a weird one.;D
      You are so sweet, thank you Morgan.For real.<3

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful birthday! I'm glad you have so many people in your life that treat you so special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, thank you so much! I am very blessed to have such really fantastic people.=)

      Delete
  7. Great Lego cake! You inspire me!
    Amazed!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete