Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cause you can be anything you want tonight.

Dear reader.
You may or may not have seen this post but it has happened again. I have been facing something for weeks now and I just recently started talking about it. It is a colossal heartbreak on so many levels, I didn't know who would shut me out and who I could trust.

Sometimes frustration, loneliness, and nostalgia just pile up into one big bowl of stuff. And it really really sucks. It hurts so bad that you feel you will never stop crying, you will never get out of bed, even though you will never be able to fall asleep either. I didn't know how I can go on, after I've messed up so much and now I'm paying for it.

So I called a good friend. I couldn't bear this alone, not anymore. So I told my friend all that I was thinking, regretting and wishing. This person said that what changed their life was when they accepted that they were so weak, and that they could never make this better. Then they accepted that God could, even if it was not immediate or in the way you thought it would be resolved.

I said thanks and good-bye and we hung up.

 
This song started playing in my head then.(aka, press play.;)

Sunday, January 13th, 2013

I am Rebecca, age 17 years and 10 months.I don't know how to explain this.(But I will obviously be trying.)

God just saved my life again. He took it away. The painful memories.I think of something and my heart doesn't ache with nostalgic longing.

Brething tastes cool, fresh, and sweeter than any air I have ever breathed. I am crying, but it is because I am happy.I am so so happy!I feel like laughing like Rafiki in the Lion King, but I think that might alarm my parents.=D I need to write this down.Because God's grace and unwavering love deserves documentation. He actually deserves more than just that, but this is what I can give.

Have I mentioned how wonderful it is to breathe?! God took away my pain. He didn't numb it. He ended it. It is finished. It was finished when Christ died on the cross for me. My heart beat has never felt so good. Gd is the greatest. I feel so good.

God will heal you. Give Him your pain. I took pictures of me crying and I asked god to take away something I've been holding on to as I deleted each one. The last one was a pretty picture. I deleted it and asked God to take the hurt & the pain. 

I sat in silence, holding the camera and said the things that reminded me. 

Nothing. I feel no regret, loss, pain.
            I feel peace, relief, and joy.
 & I've got a life ahead of me.  
And you know the next thing I felt. Joy. Joy!? After all that, God blessed me with joy? How can he be so full of grace and mercy to give me peace, and joy?

I don't think I will ever know, and that is okay.

 I texted the person I was talking too, and they were so happy.:) And I was too.

The problem isn't resolved yet. But my heart is.There is this incredible peace and even when feelings of regret arise, my trust and hope in God kicks it in the butt, I guess you could say.:D I wrote in my journal and fell asleep, still in my clothes, but smiling until I fell asleep.

I can't share many details of what was bothering me, but I wanted to share the raw feeling of God's power that I felt that night.

And I have felt so much better ever since and I hope that whatever you are facing in your life, you can feel this loved too.:)

Happy 3-day weekend everyone.:)

11 comments:

  1. This makes my heart smile. And the timing was perfect with the song, I got to the happy last sentence right at the crescendo in the song, haha! It made me smile, the timing.

    Anyway, even if I don't know you at all or what it is you are going through, I am so happy and proud of you that you are genuinely relying on God and that you've accepted the bounty of His joy. He is truly never ending, and when life seems so dark and hard to bear, He is always, ALWAYS there saying, "Nothing is too big for me." The trick is willingly giving these things up to Him, and I commend you for doing that. He loves you and has such big plans for you :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy it does! Haha, the timing with the song is really cool!:)
      I agree whole-heartedly. It is so hard to see god in this, but then again, how could you not? I still struggle, but I have more trust in God's timing.:)Thank you for your kind words Lacey!

      Delete
    2. P.S..... I tagged you! And you need to post more often. Haha :) http://agoodthinkingplace.blogspot.com/2013/02/tag.html

      Delete
  2. Rebeccaaaaa I'm sorry you were feeling that way. :(

    But I'm glad you feel peace and joy now. I hope it continues on forever and ever and ever and ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, it is getting better.:)Ha ha, thank you. I hope so too and I wish the same peace and joy for you too.=D

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear of your troubles, but happy to hear of your experiences with the wonderfulness of our dear Savior.
    He truly is amazing, and I hope that in everything you have to go through you would experience
    the "all things working together for good to those who love God" (Romans 8:28).
    No matter what suffering we are going through we can still enjoy the sweet presence of Jesus,
    and while we may not be saved from the situation outwardly, we can find pleasure and contentment
    in the pure joy of being with our God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my best friend's favorite verses.:) I am still seeking out that contenetment, but everyday I get closer to being okay, as long as Jesus is in whatever I do.:) Thanks for your encouraging comment, it really is awesome.:)

      Delete
  4. That is such a good song! Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I saw them live at Winter Jam last year and they are fantastic.And from Austrailia!:)

      Delete
  5. i'm a bit behind, but thank you for being so real with what you're going through.
    sometimes writing it out knowing people will read is therapeutic in itself.
    HE's taking care of ALL things in and FOR you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did help.I'm so glad I wrote it out also to not forget God's goodness.:)Thank you for your sweet comment Hannah!

      Delete