Saturday, June 18, 2011

I've been procrastinating, but have some stories to tell you.

You know it is time to blog when Drew says I need to update my blog.

It has been more than 10 days, like +6.I apologize.

My mission trip, away from technology, was incredible, and I wanted to keep that going a little bit.I've been less present here due to unpacking, trying to fix my computer's memory problem, and re-packing for camp this week. I'm not making excuses, I'm letting you know what I chose to do instead of blog. I also started my job, which is wonderful, but very tiring.I'm going to be going through my Choir Tour journal and photo albums, recapping all that I'd like to share with you.:)

DAY UNO
We left around 3 ish Friday afternoon.Lots of driving, and fun Catch Phrase times with Matt, Hailey, and Sydney.We made a pit stop at a gas station and this sign was on the men's bathroom.
Creepy, eh?

Here's the view from 3/4s down the bus. There were 50 teenagers on this bus.So FUNNN.:D
We stopped at a Burger King, where my friend Grayson where he came up with this mantra about pieces of fries that get stuck and eventually lost forever in the ketchup.  
I cannot express my love for everyone on this trip enough.I hope in some way you can see why I felt like I was in this giant cornucopia of love. Spending 10 days with my favorite(well, most of) people in the world.=)
We had our phones and i-Pods taken away earlier on the bus ride, and it was nice.Everyone was talking to each other, and not on what their friends were doing back home.
We came to a church we stayed at on my 2nd Choir Tour 2 years ago.Still had no clue where we were going...We tried to fell asleep, but the guys in the floor above us mad so much noise......

DAY DOS
I woke up when it was still dark to go to the bathroom.I considered getting ready to beat the bathroom rush, but I chose sleep. We didn't have a wake up call, seeing as the guys were rowdy and we could hear them above us.We packed everything up under the bus and ate breakfast.A construction worker told us the starfish story and other cool stuff.He was cool, really encouraging us for our mission trip and our faith.Then we were off, for 10 hours of driving, yay!?
Me, creepin' on Grayson, creeping on someone else.
Myla and Danny, with his tattoo mustache.Our youth group goes crazy at those tattoo game things at restaurants.. 
Three of our adorable seniors.:)
We paused Narnia 3 and pulled into a rest park and talked about our theme for this trip; trust.We got a hi-lighter to hi-light verses about trust.It was easy for me to trust Julie and the youth leaders on this trip, for them to take me on a trip, with out knowing where we're going.I need to apply that kind of trust to God and his path for my life and future, a LOT more. 

Our main verse was this: "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."-Pslam 9:10
We had silent journal time.Here's a snippet of what I wrote; "I trust You, our leaders, driver, and everyone on this trip.We won't be given up on.As long as we don't give up on You."I write in a "Dear God," type of format sometimes.Just for reference.

Another stop.Notices messy/intricate bun.Takes either best or most stupid picture of self ever.
This is Isaac, making his "Where's my super-suit of SALSA?!" face and voice at dinner. I wish I could explain further, but I cannot find the words.
Adorable couple.My big brother and sister.I'm glad they are happy.
:)

While waiting to enter the church we were staying the night at, I told Melissa how I got water spilled on my Nemo pillowcase(be jealous).She said "Well, that's okay, at least you know it can swim!"It was so hilarious!=D
We got settled, showered (only about 3 showers for everyone), and had family group assignments.I love my family group.I'm glad I got to know some of the younger kids better and the older ones even greater.Our choir director Beth came to our small group and explained that we were in Tennessee and would remain here for our tour to to tornado relief cleanup.A wonderful guy in our praise band was from a town that got hit and asked Beth to possibly change our previous plans to go and help his forgotten hometown, as relief went to more recent tornadoes and disasters. It was nice to know what we were going to be doing.

Random hilarious quote:"It's okay if you want to make-out with your lip gloss."-Sydney
*I don't wear lip gloss, lip gloss is yuck!*

And note that I won't say "my friend blahblahblah" as I tell you the tales of Choir Tour.
The reason; everyone is my friend here.=)
Look foreword to more posts, and more days even while I'm at camp starting Monday.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post - sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to do a mission trip some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymously Me-It sure was=)
    Just Me-Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed.
    Dylan-I highly encourage you to do so!You don't have to leave the country though to make a huge difference:)

    ReplyDelete