Sunday, September 26, 2010

Homecoming :)

Hello friends:)


Sorry it has been a awhile since a non-rushed blog post. I have about an hour before I head off to church and I have loads to tell you.


The main thing: homecoming. If you are not familiar with homecoming, it is a tradition in American high schools to have a football game and a school dance after. Last year, I went to the dance and not the game, by myself. I saw a few of my friends at the dance, but they either had dates or weren't true friends at all. I really hated it.


I am not a dance person, I am horrid at it. So I didn't dance last year. I was also close to tears because I saw the guy I liked with his ex. Not fun...


But this year, I am a different person. I didn't need a date. The guy I liked last year, not important anymore. I am happy with my best friends. So I just spent the whole night with them.I danced with them 75% of the night. I danced stupidly and they didn't tell me "Stop, your so embarrassing me!!!". We all had so much fun.


When it came to slow songs, I felt a little lonely and wishing I had a date.Some songs I'd dance with my invisible date named Ben Barnes. My friends though we looked so cute together.:D Other songs I'd dance with my fellow dateless friends.


In the middle of the dance, they played songs we didn't like.We escaped to get pictures taken. I was with my two friends who both had dates so I was just going to watch them get their pictures taken.But they wanted me in the picture.I can't wait to see them:D


After the dance was over, the music ended and our ears felt like they were stuffed with cotton balls! It felt like that until ten minutes later.My feet turned blue in my comfy heels.I know, comfy and heels don't belong in the same sentence.:)


I must head off to church now. Do you have homecomings or dances where you are? I am so glad I went.:)


Hugs,Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. I never went to homecoming or any other school dances in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a GREAT time! My brother's highh school had a homecoming this weekend too. He didn't go, of course :) He's a senior this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymously Me- Thats what I vowed last year.:)
    Kiki-I really did:) Yeah guys don't really like dancing that much, haha.
    Shaheen-I hope you go someday.:)
    Thank you so much for comenting guys, I 've never had 3 comments on a post before.It makes me so happy.:)
    Rebecca(:

    ReplyDelete