Friday, August 31, 2012

Dear Reader,

Dear Reader,
     I want to start this letter with an apology. My school year has definitely started out with a bang and then a giant BOOM. So much has been happens and so fast, I really haven't had time to read your blogs and comment about how wonderful you lovely people are.(It's true, you are pretty spiffy.) I have been trying to get into a routine for schoolwork, clubs, church, fitness (ha....ha ha.), and seriously spending more time with my family and with my Father. I have failed at keeping a balance and instead has been flailing about for the past two weeks or so.
     So. Senior Year so far. It's been grand for the most part. I am sad to report that there has been some melodramatic drama that honestly ticks the heck out of me so much that I don't want to go any further. What I will say that I am so blessed to have the best friends ever. I now know that we will stand together, even if it's unpopular for us to do so. God is so good, He always is. I love Him so much for that. my classes have been the least of my worriers, everything is pretty simple at this stage.
     I have a few words of wisdom from my first three days of school.
                  Day 1: Wolves eat themselves. That is literally what I learned in my government class. I have a brilliant teacher, seriously.
                  Day 2: Rainbow Seals must be named Beachball. You see, I colored a seal rainbow and named him Beachball. This was all Chavis's and Drew's ideas.
                   Day 3:Massages are a good idea. AP World History. Good stuff.

     Then the weekend after those three days was absolutely awesome. I went on the annual float trip with my youth group and had a fantastic time. Being a canoeing boss with Katie never gets old. S'mores.Charades. Late night chats by the fire.Sharing chocolate bars.Those don't get old either.
     Then I saw Ben Rector and Lights in concert with Matt, Patrick, Andrew, Megan, and later Sydney and Rachel. There was a guy with attractive facial hair who took my spot in the queue when I had my back turned. Then we went to Sonic and stayed up till 12 on a school night. It was a good time.:)
     I also babysat a baby for the first time in a long time. it was amazing having her fall asleep in my presence.I felt so accomplished, but really she is just a fantastic and adorable sleeper.:)My friend Melissa turned 16 and had a fabulous party the next evening. I fell in love with her friends  from school, and they fell in love with her friends from church, they thought we were cool, hehe. It was awesome.
     And now we have a four day weekend. A rainy weekend at that. I have summaries to write, books to read and a room to clean. (He he, that rhymed.) But I really wanted to blog because I've missed talking with you all and reading your blogs! How has your school year been so far?Or if you haven't started/ don' go to school, how's life been?What are you looking forward to?
     Once again, I'm sorry for not being around much. I have been compiling some major photo posts which will show photos from many of the event described in this post. I love your faces and have a lovely Friday!
Your amiga,
             Rebecca
    
     

2 comments:

  1. Ohh you're fab :)

    I'm moving tomorrow (eek!) to a big city to start my work placement year of uni..soo..that's what's going on with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so exciting, and scary too! I will pray for you, I just know God will be using you in amazing ways there.Let me know how that is going!:)

      Delete