Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tuesday & Now








These are awesome people, who will kill me for posting this. But has that stopped me before?
Hello! It has been a while and a lot has happened since I last blogged. The above pictures are from a tennis match I attended on Tuesday. Tuesday was also One Day Without Shoes. My youth group participated (after school had ended, or else we'd be in trouble), hence the matching baby blue tees. 

Ima' introduce you to them. Jackie is the one with the glasses and the phone. The one with long brown hair is Megan. The smiley one with short dark hair is Emilee. Patrick is the one besting it up in mid air. Mitch is the one looking at me in the corner of his eye wondering "Why are you taking pictures of me? Oh yeah, your Rebecca, that's what you do." And the one with the sunglasses, that's Sydney. And there is Jackie with her brother Ty.They are so precious.

Any who, hello! A lot has happened. I am taking the ACT on Saturday. I have been doing a lot of thinking, and with me that's quite dangerous. School is in it's fourth quarter and I am beyond ready for Choir Tour. I have an interview coming up next week for my church's day camp. I loved working there and I really miss my co-workers and the kids.

This last weekend, my youth group held our usual Easter Vigil, starting Good Friday. It was beautiful. I got about 1.5 hours of sleep the first night, a 2 hour nap the following afternoon, and 3 hours the next morning, early morning. It was glorious. I had dreams of conveyor belts made out of bacon, and runs through fields to big tree houses with slides. My dreams have gotten weird-er since,believe it or not, so weird I'd rather not share, plus I would barley know how to explain them. 


I am babysitting tonight, which I am excited for. I really want to start saving up more money and being smarter, not just with money, but everything. How I act, how I say things, school, blah. I feel like I've been slacking off and hurting myself and others in the process. I have been so selfish and I need to realize it's not about me. It's about God living instead of me and my stupid ideas of how I think life should be.

I have also been struggling with my commitment to be single for a whole year. At times I think I am too crazy and radical. No matter how much I think this is a stupid idea, I must remember, when have any of my crushes ever actually worked out?NEVER. And if by happenstance I meet the one, if he's as awesome as heck, he would still be there when the year is up. I don't even want to think about a future guy. I just want to look for what God has in store for me now. And I don't think holy matrimony is in that plan.   


Okay, enough rambling for now.:) How are you guys doing? I hope you are well!

6 comments:

  1. That jumping tennis picture is awesome! Good luck on the ACT. And dreams are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read this update! :) I have a hard time believing you're really that selfish.

    I'm good - just coming to the end of my Easter break in which I haven't done anywhere near the amount of work I should have, but I'm heading back on Sunday so oh well, little late now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to read this update! :) I have a hard time believing you're really that selfish though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymously Me- Thank you! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I guess we will see when I get my scores back, haha.:)
    Just Me-Aw, thank you! I do have my moments. I hope you had a lovely Easter. You are lucky to get a break for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi!
    i just stumbled across your blog.
    heheh i made a commitment similar to you last year.
    i feel like God is keeping his end while i've been unfaithful.... but failing at that. hahaha i tried to get something to work with someone but God's keeping me accountable hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah, glad you're here!:)Yeah, God does that with me too, hehe. I'm so glad He does, even though sometimes it's not what I want for myself.:D

      Delete